Wednesday, March 10, 2010

Give a Day, Get a Disney Day


I was really bummed when our Disneyland passes expired this year! We (or maybe just I, since I know Cadman doesn't really like Dland, he just likes making me happy) had so much fun visiting the park whenever we felt like it. I guess I just lucked out that this year their theme is volunteerism and that's something I've been trying to get back into. On the last day before they closed their Give a Day, Get a Day promotion I found the perfect activity...designing a flier for a community organization! I was really happy that I could use my talents to help out...and get a free pass...that will go towards my new season pass!! Ok so is the point really to just volunteer without the expectation of anything in return? Yes, but its still nice to be rewarded and really its made me think that I can offer my skills this on a regular basis. Its hard for me to find a free weekend or day to go and volunteer, but I can whip up a flier anytime and anywhere! So if any community org/non-profit needs graphic work done send them my way!

Here's the project that I did for Your Cambodian Street Children Organization:

No comments:

Post a Comment