Friday, July 23, 2010

Shade tattoos TL

Concentration - Shade working on TL

My husband and I share a love of art and often we'll trek up to LA to check out a gallery opening or drive around taking pictures of street art. This trip was a little different because we got to see an amazing artist at work, Cadman's old friend Shade. Shade does some amazing portraiture work, but this time around he drove out from the desert just to do a bit of lettering for Cadman's buddy TL at Shamrock Social Club in Hollywood. Shade let me be a fly on the wall and sit next to TL so I could take pictures. They're posted up on my flickr. One thing I wish I could've done was taken a picture of Shade and his dad. It was the first time I'd met him and I could tell how much he adored his son and was so proud of the amazing artist he had become. If you're interested in seeing more of Shade's work check out his blog.


No comments:

Post a Comment